Friday, April 3, 2009

Weird


I have done very little knitting this week. I'm trying to think of the last time I knit. I think it was Sunday. I've been so bloody tired and trying to complete my National Board retake...AGAIN. (3rd time's the charm!) I ended last week very depressed and dejected because my VE class betrayed me as I tried to tape them for my musicianship entry. So I was sullen for a number of days. Taped a 2nd grade class and it would have worked... if I had the darn camera at the right angle so it could capture the kids as they played the instruments. So I tried again on Wednesday with my most prized class. They were off...chatty, which is abnormal for them. Then my little 1st graders showed up and saved the day. I looked at the tape at the end of the day and said "This is IT!" Skipped church Wednesday night to work on the 2 entries.

Entry 2 is right at 11 pages and there is stuff I still need to add which will probably put it over the maximum of 12 pages...double spaced...in New Times Roman in 12 point...with 1 inch margins. That means I'm going to have to reword or delete stuff. I like this dilemma. I ran into the same problem the 1st time around with entry 1, which passed. 12 pages does not guarantee a passing score. It's all about providing the evidence in the writing and the video to prove I meet the standards.

Spring Break started for me today at 2:40. Here's the plan:
-Go to the library with the laptop and work on my entries for 2-3 hours, pretty much everyday until I'm done.
-Get the apartment together so I can start inviting my knitting buds over. I'll spend an hour or 2 a day until it's done.
-Do my taxes. I can do this in a day or 2 dedicating a couple of hours each day to the task.
-Knit...maybe a couple of hours of day and even spend some time at my LYS
-Go to Busch Gardens. I'm looking at Sunday after church since a cold front is coming through on Monday.
-Go to the Florida Aquarium. I'll do that on one of the cool days
-And I just might go to Lowry Park Zoo. I haven't been there in years.
-Hang with Janice and Morgan. We'll watch the Lifetime Movie Network as Pups (Marty the Maltese dog) jumps up on the couch and tries to act like a cat.

No comments: